Pages

6.01.2011

Mini Photo Challenge | Day 1: Self Portrait

I started a mini photo challenge. If you are wondering what its all about check out this post. The first day's challenge is a self portrait. I have never really taken one, unless you count all the myspace photos I took of myself when I was a teen. You know the ones where people hold out the camera to take a picture of themselves making stupid faces. Like the first one here. Yes, I'll admit I did have one of myself making duck face, but I have completely outgrown that.

Anyway, it's a pretty challenging concept. Having to set up a camera to take a photo while making sure you stand in the right spot is tricky. I played around a little bit yesterday just to warm up. It didn't go so well. As you can see I was completely out of focus. I also had a neighbor giving me the stink eye so I gave up after a few shots.


When I got home from work today I decided to go the old mirror route. I didn't just want to take a picture of me in a mirror. I've seen that done too many times. So I played with the idea of taking a picture looking into a mirror reflecting back onto the mirror behind me. It turned out to be a fairly interesting effect.


I love the way your eye gets carried across the photo from one corner to the other. I also like the warm hue I added.

No comments:

Post a Comment